Saturday 1 July 2017

Sola en Barcelona: part ten.


Not much further down the street from Casa Batlló, there's another famous Gaudí-house. This is Casa Milà, also known as La Pedrera. I must admit that, after having just seen Casa Batllo, this didn't seem so special in comparison. However, compared to all other buildings it is truly unique! It's all curves and no straight walls, the balconies have different sizes, and somehow it 'flows'.

After having seen this, I made another stop at the Palau Robert house and garden. Then it was time for dinner! I went to La Flauta and had some of the best food I've eaten during this trip! After dinner, I went to Monjuïc to see the park and cascading fountains in front of the national museum of art. Unfortunately, these were all dry. I wandered about and tried to make up my mind on whether or not to wait another hour for the fountain show at Font Magica, but after having a slurpee, I decided it was time for a shower and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment