Thursday 6 July 2017

Sola en Barcelona: part fourteen.




After having visited the monastery, I got a message from Joan that she was on her way back to the city. I was sad we hadn't seen each other any more, but thankful for having met her!
I wanted to make good use of my trip to Montserrat, so I took the funicular to the level below the monastery. Here you can hike the route towards the cave where the Virgin of Montserrat statue was hidden in wartime. I was optimistic, enthusiastic, and completely unaware of how long and hilly this route was. So I hiked around bend after bend until my feet hurt and then some more. At some point I realised it was too much to do for me that day, so I sat down, had some rest and enjoyed the scenery before starting my way back to the funicular.

No comments:

Post a Comment