Tuesday 11 July 2017

Sola en Barcelona: part nineteen.



Another thing I loved about this world heritage site is this: it was not crowded with tourists! Of course there are other people walking around, but look at this photo: almost empty! The room from where I took this picture was completely empty when I went in to have a look.

After this visit, I went back to the Sagrada Familia on foot. I had one last iced latte, this time with a good view of the basilica before I went to get my luggage to go home...

Some people are impressed that I travelled alone and others think it's strange. Even though he don't say it, I suspect one person of finding it sad for me. My own experience isn't one of being sad or lonely at all. I was entirely free to do as I pleased. I felt free and was delighted by the beauty of the city. Even when I sat down to eat, I didn't get bored as I was enjoying my food and watching the people around me and planning where to go next. If I hadn't been alone, I might have never met that lovely lady from San Diego. So I would definitely travel alone again!

No comments:

Post a Comment