Monday 3 July 2017

Sola en Barcelona: part eleven.


On the morning of day three, I squeezed my tired and swollen feet in my trainers and went to the Plaça d'Espanya train station. I wanted to get a ticket to go to Montserrat, and whilst queueing to get it, I met Joan, a very sweet lady from San Diego. She was visiting Barcelona with her daughter, but they had split up to do different activities for the day. So Joan and I travelled together, learnt about each other and each other's countrie. We hiked for a bit in the mountains and then parted ways. Joan went back to see the monastery while I went to hike some more. My feet didn't feel tired any longer and somehow I had more energy that day. I didn't go very far since the heat was intense, but I did get to see some great views along the way!

This is one of them. Generally I don't like to have people in my landscape photos, but here I don't mind. The person in front of the chapel adds a sense of scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment