Tuesday 27 June 2017

Sola en Barcelona: part six.


My cousin advised me to go into the basement of the Sagrada Familia, for that's where the museum is and you can read all about the history, the architecture, and you can see scale models of the basilica. I thought I remembered reading about these ellipsoids: they are shaped to reflect the light they catch, and they are embedded in the pillars with this zigzag shape so the light can enter the elliptoids. I was very impressed by that and wanted to read more about it online. But I found no info on this, and some sources say they are lamps. So perhaps I remembered incorrectly, or maybe it is both lamps and a clever way of reflecting the light. Nonetheless I think they're beautiful, and so is the glow in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment