Thursday 17 August 2017

Lowering the bar.

I've been struggling lately with posting pictures. I often don't find them good enough: I'm a hobbyist, and yet I expect myself to take photos that are at the lever of a professional. And I often don't find them interesting enough: to post another flower, again with a blurry background, isn't it incredibly  boring? Anyone with the right gear could do that. This train of thought ruins the fun of posting pictures on this blog, that I started exactly because I enjoyed it.

In an attempt to overcome my perfectionism, I try to keep in mind that even though many people could do the same, I did learn a lot about photography all by myself, without taking any classes, I researched what gear would suit my budget, needs and taste, saved up for it on a small budget. And it is me, not my lens or camera that sees potential for a pretty picture. Like with this one, I thought it'd be interesting to have the yellow flower against the blue of the cornflowers in the back, and to focus on the tiny droplets of dew rather than on the centre of the flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment